Monday, March 23, 2009

Facadesaside: And...Scene

And...scene. In order to end a scene, a thespian might say, "And...scene." Then they would stop rolling the cameras and hopefully cut that last sentence out.

My sister has done this as of recently. I don't know if she's cool with me putting this in with her name, so I'm not going to name her. She does it with her friend and mine, but same goes with her citation.

When they do it, it can be in the middle of a conversation, as in when a particular subject ends, or a particular part of the conversation.

It's done with a sort of reverse-flowering motion. Open your palm facing yourself, then bring your fingers and thumb together from all the way apart. Pull down chest-level as you complete this.

That said, the act of making a point, for me at least, changes depending upon who I'm talking to. Usually this is unintentional. So then it gets to be that we might make an aside, that is talk to someone about our talking to someone.

For example, if I intimate or tell someone personal experience, their reactions to my experience might be something else to react to, or the entire interaction as a whole might cause something or someone to reveal something.

This could happen between more than two people, two people, and I guess it could happen by our lonesome.

My friend Liz (last name left blank for same reason as above) says, "whatever"just about all of the time. Turns out that this is what is called a thought-terminating cliche. People do this by themselves, too. Think about not thinking about it. I just lost the game.

Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought-terminating_clich%C3%A9


And....scene. [reverse-flowering motion from hand]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers