Friday, October 23, 2009

Poetry Portfolio 1: Machinations

"Machinations"


Machines trust Love just like anything else
people used to have to smack their televisions
in order to get reception
a Buddhist monk wouldn't yell at
the cabbage in order to make it grow
but the machine's creator might yell
might tell it to create itself at 4:00AM
she doesn't care anymore (the inventor)
she might have yelled at her inventions

Machines don't care when you yell at them
when a person yells at something
no one blames a person who doesn't have a choice
no one blames a toaster oven, say
or a car for breaking down
saying you stupid car you stupid piece
of something you broke my heart
and I know the inner-workings
of this madness and I am still upset
you broke my heart you smacked my heart
for reception, to perceive
and my inventor has left the vicinity
to be with her other robots she designs
and I felt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers