Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Facades Jihad

So digging through the facadesaside google search, I was delighted to find out that people without me or knowing about this blog have been recently using facadesaside as what I proposed it could be used for in the first place: introductory parts of statements.

I'm surprised, however, to find that one blog actually copied and pasted one of my entries about Shakespeare to their blog (it's like the 5th or 6th one down).

I've always said that plagiarism can't really hurt me because I'm full of good ideas. That is, I've got so many good ideas that it is a blessing that anyone would take them, because I believe my ideas are the best, and any spreading of them is good.

The roof of my car is a removable soft top for a Jeep Wrangler. Whenever I leave something modestly valuable in there, I think to myself that if someone steals it, they need it more than I do.

The entry about the Shakespearean sonnet was by its nature passionate and supposed to be entertaining. It must be some web-bot that came by and picked it up.

Meanwhile, I have a saying that this blog is worthless/priceless. That is, I've said time and again that I'm only doing this to keep my word count up every day.

When we ask how much something is worth, sometimes we say, "That's priceless." I'm talking specifically about priceless works of art in this instance. For example, a Van Gogh painting might be called priceless, but it really is sold at auction for 55 million dollars. In this example, the painting has a very clear price. The price is 55 million dollars.

But if someone were to accidentally rip that painting, there is nothing in this world that can bring that order of electrons, protons, and neutrons back together. Humpty Dumpty indeed.

So as for the good news: facadesaside as a blog has hit a milestone: it's good enough to be plagiarized.

The bad news? Facadesaside is good enough that I feel terrible about being plagiarized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers