Sunday, August 23, 2009

Facades inside

I'm having trouble sitting down and studying. My friend Joseph Ladret said that if there is no problem there is no solution, which is interesting to me. I hear flavors of Cartestianism in this statement. There's another problem of formulating the problem. If we had a poster child to fight against, would a problem be easier to solve?

One time I talked to my friend and I asked her what superpower she would have, if she could have any super power. She said that she would like to be able to text message God. I don't remember how I responded but I asked her why or something. I don't remember what she said. My point then was why wouldn't you just talk to him if you could?

A couple of problems we run into: there's the mundanity of not having a facade. By this I mean that sometimes we form these facades as a way to explain something. If I had the ability to connect with someone on a pure energy level, I think it would be boring. Can you imagine two beams of light talking to each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers